Deb's Dash~Tips for a quick showing.
No matter how many times we tell ourselves that we work from appointment only there are the occasional times when you just have to give in to a showing.
A surprise showing!
At this time I am currently selling my own home and boy am I getting a different perspective of the entire "selling process". Since you're still living there, when placed on the spot, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE LIVING THERE!
A Realtor calls and says, "Mr. and Mrs. People are only in for the day and they spotted your house and would like to see it in about 30 minutes..."
Yikes!They are pre-qualified buyers that HAVE to make a quick move so whattaya do?
You're in your PJ's, the bed's not made and you had decided to take it easy for the day!
You have 30 minutes to make it look like a showplace.
WHATTAYA DO? LOL with me...
1. First of all don't panic. Remain calm and gather your thoughts. Having a system in place is a wise idea.
2. Get dressed. Throw all dirty laundry (that you put off washing) into the washer and dryer...they'll hold a weeks worth! Out of sight out of mind! Ha.
3. Grab your laundry basket(now empty) and place all personal items away...ie: toothbrush, floss, nail kit, razor and so on out of bath. Carry basket through house and place all unnecessary items into it such as books, newspapers, loose mail and any clutter.
4. Place basket away in closet. You're making progress!
5. Grab vacuum cleaner. And, basically that's it. Grab it. Place on lowest setting and run through house placing strategic brush marks on carpet. No need to plug it in!
6. Make bed...or not.You may place pillows underneath the covers really bunched up and tell the people... "you can walk through quietly and just don't wake the guy in the bed". LOL
7. Load dishwasher with all stray dishes. Makes no difference if they are clean, dirty or waiting to be put away. If they all don't fit simply stack the pots and pans and place into oven. Hit the auto lock button so they don't discover them.
8. Grab your Febreeze and spritz one spritz in each room. Just one. You can also spritz one squirt of your best perfume or cologne in each closet if you have plenty of time.
9. Open all drapes, turn on lights as you leave. Take a Sunday drive. Or Monday or Tuesday. You get it.
10. Call the maid. Let her know to look in all the usual places.
Total time to perfection...20 minutes.
Well, there you have it. I advise that you print this and provide it to each of your Sellers. I hope this helps. Have a wonderful showing and go sell a house!
Later in the rain~Deb
Check out my website at: www.debs-realestate.com.